18 September 2007

From Delta flight 162, seat 46C

Well, I'm on the correct side of the plane again. This time correct meaning right. Almost as soon as we were airborne Half Dome emerged from a ring of thick cloud in the Yosemite Valley and shortly after that Mono Lake glinted in the noonday sun. I could even see the intersection in Lee Vining where a right turn would begin the traveller on her or his climb over the Tioga Pass. No tug of sorrow. Rather a sigh of deep satisfaction.

So, now what? Atlanta, then Columbia, then home. Welcome time with Tal and the pups. Appointments. Groceries. Laundry. A haircut. The wedding. Sunday duties. Convocation business.

Can I keep from being consumed? Can I avoid getting as lost as I have been in all the detail? Time will tell. But, truth is, so will I. It's pretty much my choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home