15 June 2005

On our way rejoicing

The title for this posting is the first line of a hymn and, without a hymnal (we're traveling light), I can't name it. How dependent I am on those rows of books looming up behind me in the study. But, having had a wonderful first day of vacation, that line is in my mind.

We closed the "gate" at 207 Country Club Road just before 8 this morning. Our route from Edgefield to Atlanta to Chattanooga to Nashville was splendid. In fact, until some really frightening construction at the intersection of I-24 and I-40 here in Nashville we made remarkable time -- about 400 miles in 7 hours (you to the math). And, that's including one pit stop, a pause for lunch at the Nickajack rest stop on I-24 this side of Chattanooga, and a fuel stop 50 miles outside Nashville.

And, speaking of lunch. Wow. We feasted on Vann bar-b-que and Yonce peaches. What could have been better? With that in mind, I am posting the sign at the fuel stop at the Outpost in Christiana TN right after I finish this note. But, I don't need to ask what's for lunch tomorrow. I KNOW! More of the bounty of the Ridge, the place Tal and I call home.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home