14 July 2007

and Sarah said ...

She said I had to see the sunflowers. I just had to. Sarah's always clear and very nearly always right, so I took her at her word. I went. And? She was right, so right that I found myself in dressy open-toes shoes pushing through the sandy field amid shoulder-high plants -- surrounded by the flowers -- during the hottest hour of the July day.









As I pulled the car onto the drive way, the camera on the seat beside me magically full of yellow, there was a flitting word I wanted to capture, but that wouldn't lite. Looking at the photographs this afternoon -- the yellow released onto the computer screen, I realized what it is. Exuberant. Those fields of sunflowers nestled up against the taller corn are a pretty pure illustration of that lively, delightful word.

I'm glad Sarah told me what I had to do. And, I'm more glad I listened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home