06 July 2006

Quiet rain

Kanuga woke up to rain this morning, soft and steady with none of the lightening and thunder of recent days. Breakfast is over and I'm sitting deep in a green leather wingchair with the computer in my lap. I can see outside to the drippy leafy green, plus I'm in the flight path of the loveliest breeze. I can hear the rain along with soft music emanating from the bookstore, the indistinct murmur of conversation from groups scattered about the room, the steady whir of the fan behind the reception desk. For all the disappointment people are feeling over the weather, a spirit of calm joy pervades the place.

Tal and I, though we both have good rain gear, have postponed our trip to the DuPont State Forest until this afternoon when the rain is "scheduled" to cease. In the meantime I've a meditation to prepare for this evening's vespers ... and a morning nap does seem in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home