22 June 2006

Morning comes in all its glory

I don't think I'll be able to think of day break in the same way after these past few mornings. Given the fact that it doesn't get completely dark all night right now, I have been waking early with ease. And, it's so worth it -- as you can see by one of this morning's photos taken at 4:45. Why would I ever want to sleep through something like that?

In these surroundings life is very focused. First, on the weather (as you've already read in earlier entries). But, I'm increasingly aware that I'm less preoccupied, lost in worry, overwhelmed by events and issues that I can't make myself care about and more appreciative of the moment in which I am existing. That's not to say there's no thought of the future. My attention, however, is on just regular things -- with a sense of profound gratitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home