26 June 2005

On the move again

Our bags have been moved from the cabin to the lodge, our last (wonderful) breakfast is over and now we're waiting. Although some boats are out already, the rain is coming down in earnest -- on a day, mind you, when the forecast was for sun with some clouds and a light breeze. The pilot from Blue Water Aviation has called to say, with a thunderstorm in Bissett, he's sitting at the dock unable to fly. Tal's considering a nap and I'm enjoying a little more time here at "my" table in the lodge where my computer's spent the week and I've kept up with e-mail, downloaded photos and written entries for the web log.

How I hate to leave. But, truth is we can't return until we do just that, leave. With dates written on Chickie's calendar for next summer, the sweet promise of catching sight of this place once again from the air with depart with us. In the meantime, well, that's what memories are for, for the "remember when" conversations, for the sudden, quiet recollection of a feeling or a sight. I'll have no trouble during the coming months putting myself right back here in this very spot, on this very bench, Family Lake behind me and to my left. Still, getting on the plane will be hard.

Once we're back in Bissett we'll return to Powerview and continue south to the transcanada highway where we will turn east. We'll spend the night in Dryden, arriving at Lutson on Lake Superior sometime tomorrow.

Happy Sunday, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home